28 October 2007

Pol Pots Leende by Peter Fröberg Idling

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I first got this in hardback but obviously didn't read it until the paperback version came out. That's what usually happens. Hardbacks are too heavy. Then again, it seems like a good thing to buy something a friend has written twice.

The past week I've been spending a lot of my time on trains between the film project in the south of Sweden and Stockholm. And Arboga. Most of the time reading. It's been impossible to stop, even though the images of recent Cambodian history are horrifying to say the least. I've been worried a lot. Thinking about Malaysia and how close it is between the two countries. P describes the South East Asian sights and sounds so well it's like being there. I like his first novel a lot. A lot.

No comments: